In order to increase social prescribing success, organisations need to recruit the right link worker who will help achieve the desired patient outcomes.
Link workers role involves building trust and relationships. Therefore, the right person needs to be recruited to have positive impacts on patients.
Recruiting the right link worker is about:
- Getting to know the link worker
- Exploring personal attributes, values and behaviours. Our code of practice will be launched at our national conference.
- Using the right interviewing technique
- Assessing right fit for your local social prescribing scheme.
Firstly, you will need to get the foundation right before recruiting:
- Do you fully understand the role you are trying to recruit? Can you describe what makes the role unique?
- Do you know the local problem that you are solving?
- Do you know the outcomes you seek?
- Do you know what is required to achieve the outcomes?
If you are not too sure about 1-4 or need support recruiting the right link worker, get in touch with us.
The 1st ever national social prescribing link worker conference coincides with link worker day, 8th July 2019. It will be a national day of sharing, learning and network for primary care networks, existing and future social prescribing schemes.